- Convection in rotating spherical shells
- MHD Dynamo theory(magnetic field generation in celestial bodies)
- Numerical Computing, High performance computing
- Computer and network management.
- SPMODEL Project
- SPMODEL project is now developing various hierarchical spectral models for geophysical fluid dynamics which can be easily used for research and education.
- Gtool project
- The gtool Project designs a netCDF conventions for gridded data used in geophysical sciences, and develops tools based on the conventions
- Dennou Ruby Project
- Using object-oriented script language Ruby for data analyses, visualization, and numerical simulations for geophysical studies.
- 2009-: Debian JP Project offcial member
- 2011/04-2013/03: Project sub leader
- 2014/04- : Project sub leader