Gtool4 NetCDF Conventions provides a self-descriptive storage format for gridded data mainly for geophysical sciences.
- based on a machine-independent file format, NetCDF.
- standardizes metadata for data analysis (including visualization), and sharing of data analysis tools will be encouraged.
When compared with other commonly-used conventions, it has following features.
- Coordinate Independence: it does not assume the coordinate system to be on the Earth.
- Includes Visualization Settings: metadata can describe ``how the data should be rendered,'' and visualization operation can be simplified.
We hope that the conventions evolves to be more general framework of non-gridded data.
- Online Documentation (in JAPANESE) (Version: 4.3.6)
- TAR + GZIP Packages (Version: 4.3.6)
Please see Precautionary statement and Licence terms (JAPANESE only).