The 4th Laboratory,
Climate Research Department,
Meteorological Research Institute,
Japan Meteorological Agency
- Spatial and temporal variation in low stratiform cloud amount as seen from surface/satellite cloud observation data and its mechanism
- Evaluation of clouds simulated by climate models and the understanding of cloud-climate feedback processes
- Development of analyzing and visualizing tools for multi-dimensional geophysical data
- Su, H., J. H. Jiang, C. Zhai, V. S. Perun, J. T. Shen, A. Del Genio, L. S. Nazarenko, L. J. Donner, L. Horowitz, C. Seman, C. Morcrette, J. Petch, M. Ringer, J. Cole, M. d. S. Mesquita, T. Iversen, J. E. Kristjansson, A. Gettelman, L. Rotstayn, S. Jeffrey, J.-L. Dufresne, M. Watanabe, H. Kawai, T. Koshiro, T. Wu, E. M. Volodin, T. LÉcuyer, J. Teixeira, and G. L. Stephens, 2013: Diagnosis of regime-dependent cloud simulation errors in CMIP5 models using "A-Train" satellite observations and reanalysis data. J. Geophys. Res., doi:10.1029/2012JD018575, in press.
- Jiang, J. H., H. Su, C. Zhai, V. S. Perun, A. Del Genio, L. S. Nazarenko, L. J. Donner, L. Horowitz, C. Seman, J. Cole, A. Gettelman, M. A. Ringer, L. Rotstayn, S. Jeffrey, T. Wu, F. Brient, J.-L. Dufresne, H. Kawai, T. Koshiro, M. Watanabe, T. S. LÉcuyer, E. M. Volodin, T. Iversen, H. Drange, M. d. S. Mesquita, W. G. Read, J. W. Waters, B. Tian, J. Teixeira, and G. L. Stephens, 2012: Evaluation of Cloud and Water Vapor Simulations in CMIP5 Climate Models Using NASA "A-Train" Satellite Observations. J. Geophys. Res., 117, D14105, doi:10.1029/2011JD017237.
- Yukimoto, S., Y. Adachi, M. Hosaka, T. Sakami, H. Yoshimura, M. Hirabara, T. Y. Tanaka, E. Shindo, H. Tsujino, M. Deushi, R. Mizuta, S. Yabu, A. Obata, H. Nakano, T. Koshiro, T. Ose, and A. Kitoh, 2012: A new global climate model of the Meteorological Reserch Institute: MRI-CGCM3 -Model description and basic performance-. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan., 90A, 23-64.
- Horinouchi, T., S. Nishizawa, C. Watanabe, A. Tomobayashi, S. Otsuka, T. Koshiro, Y.-Y. Hayashi, and GFD Dennou Club, 2010: Gfdnavi, Web-based Data and Knowledge Server Software for Geophysical Fluid Sciences, Part I: Rationales, Stand-alone Features, and Supporting Knowledge Documentation Linked to Data. Lecture Notes in Comp. Sci., 6193, 93-104.
- Jones, N. B., Y. Kasai, E. Dupuy, Y. Murayama, J. Urban, B. Barret, M. Sinnhuber, A. Kagawa, T. Koshiro, P. Ricaud, and D. Murtagh, 2007: Stratomesospheric CO measured by a ground-based Fourier Transform Spectrometer over Poker Flat, Alaska: Comparisons with Odin/SMR and a 2-D model. J. Geophys. Res., 112, D20303, doi:10.1029/2006JD007916.
- Kasai, Y. J., T. Koshiro, M. Endo, N. B. Jones, and Y. Murayama, 2005: Ground-based measurement of strato-mesospheric CO by a FTIR spectrometer over Poker Flat, Alaska. Adv. Space Res., 35, 2024-2030.
- Koshiro, T., and M. Shiotani: Global relationship of low cloud amount with inversion strength and its association with sea surface temperature. JpGU meeting (A-AS03) Frontiers of Atmospheric Science: Extratropical Air-Sea Interaction and Earth Climate, Chiba, Japan, May 23, 2012.
- Koshiro, T., and M. Shiotani: Relationship between low stratiform cloud amount and lower-tropospheric stability over the ocean in terms of cloud types. AGU Chapman Conference on Atmospheric Water Vapor and Its Role in Climate, Kailua-Kona, HI, USA, October 20-24, 2008.
- Koshiro, T., M. Endo, Y. Kasai, N. B. Jones, Y. Murayama, and F. J. Murcray: Ground-based measurements of CO in the mesosphere and the upper stratosphere by FTIR solar absorption spectroscopy over Poker Flat, Alaska. 4th International Workshop on Global Change: Connection to the Arctic 2003 (GCCA4), Toyokawa, Aichi, Japan, November 6-7, 2003.
Oral Presentations (in Japanese)
listed in the Japanese page.
Poster Presentations (in Japanese)
listed in the Japanese page.
|Sep 2009||Ph.D. Candidate (withdrawal from the doctoral program with the completion of course requirements), Earth and Planetary Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan|
|Mar 2001||M.S., Environmental Earth Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan|
|Mar 1999||B.S., Human Development, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan|
|Oct 2009 - present||Research Associate, Climate Research Department, Meteorological Research Institute, Japan Meteorological Agency, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan|
|Apr 2001 - Mar 2004||Computer Systems Engineer, Environmental System Business Division, Fujitsu FIP Corporation, Tokyo, Japan|
Academic Society Affiliations
Last modified: Tue Jan 22 10:36:32 JST 2013